Thursday, October 4, 2007

SSHHHHHHHH: QUIET STUDY AREA

Just a warning everyone. I might be quiet, I might be unavailable, I might be poor and I might be unreliable for social events. I am determined to finish my thesis and get a job before January, God willing. This is my schedule for the next three months, and I will not allow anything to throw me off course, isA, and I WILL be intense. And when I say intense, I mean intense on the real: sunrise article summaries, gym at the crack of dawn, living on the number 3 bus, eating canned soup, missing birthdays, canceling plans on Friday nights to write, and insha Allah getting published this year. I'm focused, finally, alhamdulillah, and I'm sorry if I become boring for a little while. If you really need me, of course I'll be around, but I'll be less available to play until after I'm back from Spain (that doesn't mean no fun at all though). You will be able to find me pretty consistently in these spaces in case of emergency or in case you are in the area: Wilson Library second floor study area near the big windows overlooking the Humphrey Institute, my new and improved cozy bedroom, Lifetime Fitness Roseville in the early mornings (sorry dudes - it's the chicks only lifetime; you can't come in, so you'll have to find me on the bus or at the library) or at pray times in AMCC and surrounding areas.

I traded in my job for the chance to finish my thesis and complete a research project with a professor "unmolested" - and I loved my job, all things considered - so I've got to make myself proud, and now it's crunch time. It's hard for me to say no and not hang out, or to miss out on fun events, so if I decline, please know that it hurts me more than it hurts you.

Don't forget me.

No comments: