Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'll tell you LEYSH!

Most of you know that I converted to Islam by now. If you hadn't heard, SURPRISE! I've become Muslim. Consider this your formal notification. It's really funny though, everyone (Muslim, non-Muslim and potential Muslim alike) wants to know WHY (As if "why?" is actually really the relevant or salient question, especially for Muslims, to be asking...But I'll tell you my top reasons anyway). Since inquiring minds want to know...

1) I really like the scarves. They're pretty.
2) I'm hungry for halal.
3) I like cubes.
4) I've always wanted to go to Guantanamo.
6) I'm not actively opposed to polygamy (so I figured "why the heck not!").
7) Christians kept trying to convert me, while Muslims remained coy (I respect that).
8) I always wanted to be named Leila.
9) One word: dowry. (gotta pay off the student loans, after all)
10) ...I believe in Allah (swt), and that Muhammad (saws) was His Prophet.

Let's do a little "Where's Waldo..." Try to find the one important answer in the list. If you can find it, I'll give you a prize... :)

...ok so now I'm afraid that what I've written is offensive. I may take this down.

1 comment:

rima said...

i'm gonna go with #6. am i right? do i get a prize?